Monday, March 29, 2010

Ode to my Family

I don't know the exact reason why, but lately I have really felt a desire to recreate my family, and our views, and focus on the feelings associated with parenting. (the good ones!) I have been reading a lot of great blogs lately, and realized that I am not the mother I am meant to be, and I am not the wife I am supposed to be either. Sometime, long ago, life happened. When life happened things got all crazy and busy, and late for something, and off schedule, and just plain out of control... I am here to say that I am going to take my life back... even if it hurts a little, actually especially if it hurts. (with pain comes healing, and new growth!) I am hopeful that in time I am going to be able to look back, and smile at my life, and be proud of who I am. Let this be something that I am able to keep track of, and growth I can actually see, smell, taste, hear, and mostly, feel... I am excited for this year to pull us together. We had a lamb born Saturday, and this makes me want to also experience a new birth! I am going in Wednesday for my 7th knee surgery, and when I come home, I am going to start as an infant, and I am going to re-learn all about myself, and my family. I am going to be the mother I can feel inside me. To start I am going to post for each of my children, celebrating each one's individuality, and personality. I will start with my oldest, James. It is so hard to believe that he is nearing 9... but alas, that is for the next post...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Can't wait to read as you become the mother you want to be.

    ReplyDelete