Monday, March 29, 2010

in the beginning there was one...

And he was James. And James was good!!!

All of James' baby pictures are actually printed out and in albums... He was born before we oned a digital camera. This means that we have actual documentation of his life... not just electronic..

From the first time I saw him I was enthrawled with him. He was an easy baby, with few outcries. We were able to decifier his cries early on. He loved looking at the world around him. He loved to be layed in the soft grass on a warm day, and he would just be at peace. When he started to walk, he would always walk to the nearest adult, and grab hands. His first "word" was "oot". He would use this as a general "hey look at this!" phrase. It was super cute! He was such a happy baby. He was so in love with my grandmother. They, from day 1, were connected. She was always able to make him smile, and of course he filled her with joy. As James turned from a baby to a toddler and from a toddler to, a full blown boy, he never ceased to be a peaceful spirit. He was always making sure everyone around him had a smile. He always took great care of me, and made sure I was happy. He was thrilled when Owen was born, and was an instant great big brother. He would love to bring me blankets to keep Owen warm. As Owen grew James was always there encouraging him along!

Now that James is about to turn 9, I have noticed some big changes in him. He is starting to except his life as his own. He knows that he is ultimately in charge of who he is, and though at times he would like to be slightly different (he gets this from me!), and doesn't always know how to become who he wants, he can understand that he is the one who needs to figure this all out. He is an amazingly bright, and funny guy. He loves to make people laugh, the louder the better! He is aware that the things he does stands for him. He is becoming more able at making better choices. Even all this is good, real good.... it makes me sad. My little man, is truly becoming a little man... I have read loads of peoples shared thoughts on their own first children growing up, and I always thought that it would not be such a big deal for me... well, *sniff* my baby is growing up... I am proud of who he is becoming, and I am so proud to have been blessed with front row seats for his journey.

James, grow on my dear, and keep making me laugh. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. My baby is only four days old and I already feel sniffly about her growing up!

    ReplyDelete